Internet Explorer users may need to widen their browser windows to span all three columns. Or download Firefox.
Welcome! My main blog is Notes to Self, where I write about my big, little life. This is a place in the margins to jot down reviews, finds, and ideas worth passing along. I only post about things that are of genuine interest and relevance to me, whether suggested or discovered. I disclose all gifts, sponsorships, favors owed, blood bonds, and other vested interests. Contact me at kyranp c/o gmail.





Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kung Fu Girl Riesling



It can be tricky to pair spicy foods with wine. If we're out eating curry or Chinese food, I'll usually go with an imported beer by default. But at home, I like to serve wine. So when I cooked a spicy shrimp dish for a few friends last month, I decided to take a chance on a Riesling, a sweet white wine I historically associate with lobster meals and the kinds of restaurants I thought were fancy in my early dating years, where a shrimp cocktail was the height of sophistication.

But the cute label on the bottle of Kung Fu Girl Riesling caught my eye, and something on the sweet side sounded like a good complement to the creole spice. I found it subtly fruity (with a distinct apricot note), but not cloying at all. What else can I say? It was kick-ass.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I like it, too. But I'm so spectacularly cheap that it's actually a bit too expensive for just an ordinary night. You think we could start a petition to get it in a box?

September 1, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home