Internet Explorer users may need to widen their browser windows to span all three columns. Or download Firefox.
Welcome! My main blog is Notes to Self, where I write about my big, little life. This is a place in the margins to jot down reviews, finds, and ideas worth passing along. I only post about things that are of genuine interest and relevance to me, whether suggested or discovered. I disclose all gifts, sponsorships, favors owed, blood bonds, and other vested interests. Contact me at kyranp c/o gmail.





Friday, August 27, 2010

This Little Piggy Went to Market



If you follow me on twitter, you may have thought I was kidding when I tweeted last night that today's blogger preview event at the new supermarket in town was the most relevant PR pitch I'd seen all year. If only. The fact is, no matter how thoroughly I plan, I am in Kroger a minimum of three times a week. It is my significant other.

"The grocery store is not my happy place," I grumble, when I meet someone I know in the aisle. But if the new store were my store, and I was always went to it with a fun group of bloggers, and all the department managers came out to feed us exotic fruits and sushi and pastries, it definitely would be.

I came home with a full belly, aching feet, and a little bag of goodies. And I didn't have to do any math in my head or use a single coupon.

Here's my slideshow, if you're curious what happens when you wave food on toothpicks in front of women bloggers (think "Shark Week"). Be sure to click on the first image to turn on the captions.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger charing said...

I love the big Kroger Marketplace. I love to sample the cheese.

August 27, 2010 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger bluebird of paradise said...

looks yummy!

August 28, 2010 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger Kate The Great said...

I took a tour similar to this in the last city I lived in. But the grocery store I toured wasn't a supermarket, but rather a locally-based grocery. And there were only three of us and the manager on said tour.

Yeah, I loved my grocery store. I wish I cold find an equivalent here; we shop at a supermarket now.

October 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home