Internet Explorer users may need to widen their browser windows to span all three columns. Or download Firefox.
Welcome! My main blog is Notes to Self, where I write about my big, little life. This is a place in the margins to jot down reviews, finds, and ideas worth passing along. I only post about things that are of genuine interest and relevance to me, whether suggested or discovered. I disclose all gifts, sponsorships, favors owed, blood bonds, and other vested interests. Contact me at kyranp c/o gmail.





Thursday, August 26, 2010

Help, I'm a Hoarder: Restaurant Coupon Giveaway

I looked up my unused gift certificates on restaurant.com tonight, and concluded that I may have a  hoarding problem. I snap up these "certificates" (they are actually discount coupons) whenever they go on sale, and print one off whenever we feel like we can swing a meal out.  The terms vary from restaurant to restaurant, but generally speaking, the voucher gets you a nice discount off a minimum dine-in purchase, exclusive of beverages, taxes and gratuity. It's a nice excuse to spring for dessert, or treat a friend. The site lists a wide range of restaurants across the U.S., and some of our favorite local family and date night spots participate. I've never had any problem redeeming a certificate. Thank you, recession, for making coupons socially acceptable.

Anyway, I've already got more than I'll use in a year, so I'd like to give away five $25 certificates, good across the U.S. I'll email a code to the first five commenters who leave me an email address (use name "in care of" domain if you like). You can always forward an unredeemed code to a friend if you find you can't use it. Please note that neither the certificates, nor this offer, have any cash value, and if you run into any problems, you'll have to take it up with restaurant.com. A certificate for an establishment no longer in business or with the program can be exchanged by emailing info@restaurant.com.

Additionally, let me know if any of you happen to be passing through Portsmouth, NH; Harrisburg, PA; St. Louis, MO; Bar Harbor, ME; Gettysburg, PA; Memphis, TN; or Dallas, TX. I have certificates for specific restaurants in those cities that I picked up "just in case" we could use them while travelling last year.

Bon appetit!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger B said...

Me me me!
katherinegrace2006@gmail.com
please.

August 26, 2010 at 7:29 PM  
Blogger Kyran said...

done! who's next?

August 26, 2010 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger charing said...

Oooh, I could use a gift certificate. Sometimes after driving my kids in all different directions to and from sports there is just no time to cook.

August 27, 2010 at 4:07 AM  
Blogger Kyran said...

Charing, so happy to send you one, but I need an email!

August 27, 2010 at 4:44 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

Wow, thanks! I'd love to have one! ellethenovice@gmail.com. You're too sweet!

August 27, 2010 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger larka said...

Hi, I'd really appreciate one if you have another to spare! Thanks so much!

kdemea@gmail.com

August 27, 2010 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger Kate The Great said...

Looks like there's four people, and I'll be the fifth. I'd love to be the fifth.

orangefluff in care of juno dot com.

October 18, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home