Internet Explorer users may need to widen their browser windows to span all three columns. Or download Firefox.
Welcome! My main blog is Notes to Self, where I write about my big, little life. This is a place in the margins to jot down reviews, finds, and ideas worth passing along. I only post about things that are of genuine interest and relevance to me, whether suggested or discovered. I disclose all gifts, sponsorships, favors owed, blood bonds, and other vested interests. Contact me at kyranp c/o gmail.





Monday, July 12, 2010

Dollar Store Within Reach

DSC00527

When we moved into our new home several years ago, we splurged on a glass and steel dining room table from Design Within Reach. I love the DWR catalog, but I can't decide if the company name is a cruel joke, or intentionally hipster-ironic. They eventually realized that mine was probably a once-in-a-decade purchase, and took me off their mailing list.

I thought the glass would be easy to clean, and it is, except WOW, three grubby boys times ten grubby fingers adds up to a million grubby fingerprints a day. Wipe-clean place mats help, but I wanted some that would go in the dishwasher. After searching in vain for something remotely nice looking and affordable, I found these opaque cutting mats at the Dollar Tree (as you can see here, they do buckle a little in the dishwasher, but settle down nicely if weighted for a bit). A buck for a two-pack. That's design within my reach.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

If I ever have a glass table, I'm going to get one side of it sandblasted.

July 12, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home