Internet Explorer users may need to widen their browser windows to span all three columns. Or download Firefox.
Welcome! My main blog is Notes to Self, where I write about my big, little life. This is a place in the margins to jot down reviews, finds, and ideas worth passing along. I only post about things that are of genuine interest and relevance to me, whether suggested or discovered. I disclose all gifts, sponsorships, favors owed, blood bonds, and other vested interests. Contact me at kyranp c/o gmail.





Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summer Lovin

DSC00277

Thought I'd pass along a few of my favorite summer survival beauty products (I've added product links for price and source information -- I have no affilation with the retailers or manufacturers):

Frizz Ease Heat Defeat spray:

This stuff is amazing--like a Brazilian blowout in a bottle. I spray it generously through my wet hair, blow dry with a round ceramic brush, and my blowout will last two or three days through our now jungle-hot weather.

Korres Watermelon Sunscreen Face Cream, SPF 30:

I turned 40 this year, and I'm not fooling around with the sun anymore. I got this in a Sephora summer skincare sampler, and I resisted trying it, because I have finicky skin that doesn't usually take kindly to scent. But I should have known, being a Korres product, it would be different. It feels and smells wonderful, and doesn't clog my pores like most sunscreens.

Roc Multi Correxion Night Treatment:

As a teen with acne-prone skin, older women assured me I'd be grateful for my oily skin once I hit 40. Imagine my delight on finding that wrinkles and pimples can co-exist on one complexion. If you know what I'm talking about, I have one word for you: Retinol. This night cream by Roc is a great, relatively inexpensive formulation. Bonus: it helps even out discoloration from sun damage.

Gigi's All Purpose Honee

I intended to cover this here, but some topics call for special handling. So look for a dedicated post on that soon (proof of vagina may be required). In the meantime, got any summer beauty essentials to share?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips on good summer products. You are obviously doing something right, beautiful! But hurry with the post on the Honee!

June 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

If it wasn't the middle of the night, I'd be on my way to the drugstore right now for the Heat Defeat spray. 5 years in AZ spoiled me - every day was a good hair day. Humidity's freaking my hair out now.

June 20, 2010 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Valerie-in-mid-life said...

I have tried every product recommended to tame frizzy hair. None have been successful. I will try the Frizz Ease spray Kyran but have to admit that I am not optimistic.
Fingers crossed!

June 22, 2010 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Robinsen Clerk said...

"Sunscreen protects the skin from UV damage. Can cause skin cancer. Can lead to premature aging, wrinkles and sun spots. Wearing sunscreen can clearly protect you from potentially dangerous UV rays.

July 23, 2020 at 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home