Internet Explorer users may need to widen their browser windows to span all three columns. Or download Firefox.
Welcome! My main blog is Notes to Self, where I write about my big, little life. This is a place in the margins to jot down reviews, finds, and ideas worth passing along. I only post about things that are of genuine interest and relevance to me, whether suggested or discovered. I disclose all gifts, sponsorships, favors owed, blood bonds, and other vested interests. Contact me at kyranp c/o gmail.





Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summer Lovin

DSC00277

Thought I'd pass along a few of my favorite summer survival beauty products (I've added product links for price and source information -- I have no affilation with the retailers or manufacturers):

Frizz Ease Heat Defeat spray:

This stuff is amazing--like a Brazilian blowout in a bottle. I spray it generously through my wet hair, blow dry with a round ceramic brush, and my blowout will last two or three days through our now jungle-hot weather.

Korres Watermelon Sunscreen Face Cream, SPF 30:

I turned 40 this year, and I'm not fooling around with the sun anymore. I got this in a Sephora summer skincare sampler, and I resisted trying it, because I have finicky skin that doesn't usually take kindly to scent. But I should have known, being a Korres product, it would be different. It feels and smells wonderful, and doesn't clog my pores like most sunscreens.

Roc Multi Correxion Night Treatment:

As a teen with acne-prone skin, older women assured me I'd be grateful for my oily skin once I hit 40. Imagine my delight on finding that wrinkles and pimples can co-exist on one complexion. If you know what I'm talking about, I have one word for you: Retinol. This night cream by Roc is a great, relatively inexpensive formulation. Bonus: it helps even out discoloration from sun damage.

Gigi's All Purpose Honee

I intended to cover this here, but some topics call for special handling. So look for a dedicated post on that soon (proof of vagina may be required). In the meantime, got any summer beauty essentials to share?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks for the tips on good summer products. You are obviously doing something right, beautiful! But hurry with the post on the Honee!

June 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

If it wasn't the middle of the night, I'd be on my way to the drugstore right now for the Heat Defeat spray. 5 years in AZ spoiled me - every day was a good hair day. Humidity's freaking my hair out now.

June 20, 2010 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Valerie-in-mid-life said...

I have tried every product recommended to tame frizzy hair. None have been successful. I will try the Frizz Ease spray Kyran but have to admit that I am not optimistic.
Fingers crossed!

June 22, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home