Internet Explorer users may need to widen their browser windows to span all three columns. Or download Firefox.
Welcome! My main blog is Notes to Self, where I write about my big, little life. This is a place in the margins to jot down reviews, finds, and ideas worth passing along. I only post about things that are of genuine interest and relevance to me, whether suggested or discovered. I disclose all gifts, sponsorships, favors owed, blood bonds, and other vested interests. Contact me at kyranp c/o gmail.





Tuesday, May 18, 2010

HairWreck

Lindsay Ferrier is one of the prettiest women I have ever seen. She has great style, too, so I've been enjoying her new fashion blog She's Still Got It.

This week, Lindsay posted a hair tip that promised to turn straight hair wavy, overnight. She went to bed with a damp ballerina bun, and woke up looking, well, like Lindsay--which is to say, gorgeous, only gorgeous with soft, cascading waves.

Even though my hair is already naturally wavy, I thought I could use this tip. Since getting bangs, I wake up every day with crazy bag lady hair. Maybe if I slept with it in a bun, I too would wake up with soft cascading waves, instead of crazy head.

Or not.

DSC09987

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Elan Morgan said...

Lindsay's got the magic. Your hair, maybe not so much :)
You made my first smile of the day!

May 18, 2010 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

BWAH HA HA HA HA! I mean. Sorry!! Seriously, Kyran, I am so, so sorry!

Mabye try a bigger bun?!

May 18, 2010 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger Cid said...

Oh you straight or slightly wavy-haired people, you not of what you wish for.

May 18, 2010 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh girl, we have the same hair.

That said, I'm going to try this. Anything to avoid blow drying my hair. (Somehow, my daughter got gorgeous, perfect ringlet curls.)

May 19, 2010 at 6:45 AM  
Blogger Squeemo said...

Hoot-a-rama. I have fine, curly hair, and the aftermath of this technique looks equally whacked on me

May 19, 2010 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Savannah B said...

You're right. That was bad.

But you looked so lovely last night, it totally made up for Whitesnake hair.

May 19, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home