Internet Explorer users may need to widen their browser windows to span all three columns. Or download Firefox.
Welcome! My main blog is Notes to Self, where I write about my big, little life. This is a place in the margins to jot down reviews, finds, and ideas worth passing along. I only post about things that are of genuine interest and relevance to me, whether suggested or discovered. I disclose all gifts, sponsorships, favors owed, blood bonds, and other vested interests. Contact me at kyranp c/o gmail.





Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dragon Birthday Cakewreck

DSC09663

I swear, no alcohol was consumed in the making of this dragon birthday cake. Fortunately, in the eyes of child judges, candy and buttercream covers a multitude of sins. Bonnie Stewart of Crib Chronicles turned me onto the Instructables for it. My advice to you if you attempt it is to not wait until two hours before party start time to make it (unless your house is already clean, and the decorations are already up, in which case, two hours should be plenty). Also, use a wide, flat-tip icing point to apply the icing, so the cake doesn't crumble to moist particles of chocolate dragon flesh where ever you touch it with the spatula.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Di Giosia said...

It's not wrecky! It's pretty good for someone who's not a pro, I think. I'm planning to make this same cake for my son's party next month, but I have absolutely no confidence that I can make it turn out. You did good!

April 28, 2010 at 7:37 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Oh it's not beautiful like a professional made cake, but I'll just bet it's the most awesome cake ever for the lucky kid! I'd have LOVED a cake like that from my mom!

April 28, 2010 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I like it. Especially all the cute little baby dragons nursing.

April 28, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home