Internet Explorer users may need to widen their browser windows to span all three columns. Or download Firefox.
Welcome! My main blog is Notes to Self, where I write about my big, little life. This is a place in the margins to jot down reviews, finds, and ideas worth passing along. I only post about things that are of genuine interest and relevance to me, whether suggested or discovered. I disclose all gifts, sponsorships, favors owed, blood bonds, and other vested interests. Contact me at kyranp c/o gmail.





Friday, March 5, 2010

Person of Wal-mart

One of my new favorite style blogs is The Tipsy Society, and I blame it for sending me to Wal-mart today, a place I generally try to avoid, even if one of my dear (and very fashionable) friends goes there weekly. When I saw this post, curiosity got the better of me, so I went off to investigate.

I suspect that both the above ladies frequent a fancier grade of Wal-mart than the one I went to. I didn't see any of the frocks referenced above. But I didn't leave empty handed. You have to wade past a whole lot of fugly, and do a whole lot of trying on, in a dingy dressing room, because the sizing is whack, but there are indeed cute! cheap! things to be had. Who knew? Among my finds, was this for $14:

DSC09076

and these, for $5:

DSC09072

I just need a cottage in Nantucket to go with them, and I'm set.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger me said...

Oh I love the shoes! Cute finds!

March 5, 2010 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger bedtdkk said...

Most of those dresses can only be bought online , unfortunaley

April 28, 2010 at 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home