Internet Explorer users may need to widen their browser windows to span all three columns. Or download Firefox.
Welcome! My main blog is Notes to Self, where I write about my big, little life. This is a place in the margins to jot down reviews, finds, and ideas worth passing along. I only post about things that are of genuine interest and relevance to me, whether suggested or discovered. I disclose all gifts, sponsorships, favors owed, blood bonds, and other vested interests. Contact me at kyranp c/o gmail.





Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Sort of Amazing Soup Diet

I made it four days on Good Housekeeping's Amazing Soup Diet. The recipe is indeed delicious, as were most of the variations, but four nights in a row was all I could take. When Little Rock temperatures dipped into the single digits last week, and the call went out from the emergency homeless shelter that soup was needed, I was only too happy to donate the spare gallon I had in the freezer. So that was amazing. And then some girlfriends were interested in trying the recipe, so we got together at my house Friday night to make a double batch, and had such a good time, that no one noticed that I didn't have to peel or chop a single vegetable. And that was also amazing.

I froze my share into small containers, and haven't got around to thawing a single one. I did lose four pounds though, which took me back to where I was before the holidays, so for a short-term reboot, it was a success. Just don't expect to be able to keep it up very long. I like the 300-400-400 calorie meal plan formula, (breakfast, lunch, dinner) augmented with one or two 100-calorie snacks, so I'm keeping that up, using the Livestrong journal.

Diet or no diet, it's a terrific soup recipe, and great for a quick, nutritional calorie reduction plan. I'll take it over lemon juice and cayenne pepper any day.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cid said...

I made up a batch too and then last night I pureed a bunch, added more tomatoes and some sausage and called it spaghetti sauce. The boys didn't even know what they were eating - 27 kinds of vegetables all mushed together.

January 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home