Internet Explorer users may need to widen their browser windows to span all three columns. Or download Firefox.
Welcome! My main blog is Notes to Self, where I write about my big, little life. This is a place in the margins to jot down reviews, finds, and ideas worth passing along. I only post about things that are of genuine interest and relevance to me, whether suggested or discovered. I disclose all gifts, sponsorships, favors owed, blood bonds, and other vested interests. Contact me at kyranp c/o gmail.





Friday, May 1, 2009

Saints for Sinners Medals

DSC04929.JPG

I grew up Catholic. These days, I'm a sort of half-assed Episcopalian. But however far you take the girl out of the Catholic fold, you can never quite take the Catholic out of the girl. I love all the props, especially saints' medals. Episcopalians will call just about anybody a saint, which is a bit too democratic for me. I like my saints with magical powers and elite jurisdictions, thank you very much.

I adore these hand-enameled medals so much. I bought this one for my mom for Mother's Day. Teresa is her patron saint. You can buy yours directly from the artist, or in Little Rock, drop into the Box Turtle.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger rob clemenz @ saintsforsinners.com said...

Thank you for writing about my hand-painted saint medallions from SaintsforSinners.com. Your photography is fantastic. Your note was a great piece of serendipity and I truly appreciate your kind words and "thumbs up" review. Thank you!

rob clemenz @ SaintsforSinners.com

"The Saints are the Sinners who keep on trying." - Robert Louis Stevenson

May 2, 2009 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Oh that is lovely! I love the line about the Episcopalians being a little too democratic--don't forget that Saints must come with a tale of horrible death. :)

May 4, 2009 at 8:05 AM  
Blogger frances said...

I have one of these. I love it. I got a lot of compliments on it when I was in Mexico.

September 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home