Internet Explorer users may need to widen their browser windows to span all three columns. Or download Firefox.
Welcome! My main blog is Notes to Self, where I write about my big, little life. This is a place in the margins to jot down reviews, finds, and ideas worth passing along. I only post about things that are of genuine interest and relevance to me, whether suggested or discovered. I disclose all gifts, sponsorships, favors owed, blood bonds, and other vested interests. Contact me at kyranp c/o gmail.





Friday, April 10, 2009

Signature

016

I'm not especially pulled together when it comes to grooming. In fact, I'm frequently falling apart. But there are a few feminine frills without which I feel naked. Lipstick is one. Perfume is another. As a bystander, I really appreciate good perfume, applied correctly. Which is to say, you don't smell it until you are standing very near. It's intimate and delightful to lean over for a cheek kiss from a friend and notice her fragrance, like being told a juicy secret.

For over a decade, my daily scent was Clarins Eau Dynamisante. Patrick bought it for me nearly every Christmas. This year, it seemed like it was time for a change. A friend gave me a sample of Prada Infusion d'Iris and it was love at first whiff. A large bottle of it was under the tree for me this year. It's stupidly expensive, but most of my cosmetics are from the drugstore, and I only get my hair cut twice a year, so I think it's quite okay.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chrisy said...

I love fragrance. I've worn Prada's Infusion d'Iris also. It's lovely. You might enjoy Bvulgari Jasmine Noir.

I just showered, am in a white t-shirt and flannel pajamas, but I made sure to select a nice fragrance. Tonight it's Hana Morae - another one you might enjoy!

April 11, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home