Internet Explorer users may need to widen their browser windows to span all three columns. Or download Firefox.
Welcome! My main blog is Notes to Self, where I write about my big, little life. This is a place in the margins to jot down reviews, finds, and ideas worth passing along. I only post about things that are of genuine interest and relevance to me, whether suggested or discovered. I disclose all gifts, sponsorships, favors owed, blood bonds, and other vested interests. Contact me at kyranp c/o gmail.





Thursday, March 26, 2009

Feel the Force

DSC04502.JPG

Someone said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results. Proof: the years I've spent picking up scattered Yahtzee dice, Monopoly money, Battleship pegs, Sorry place markers, mancala tiles, and the plastic frogs that come with Cranium; and repatriating them to the original boxes (it's always the one on the bottom). Of course, they escape the very next day.

I was groaning over a group of these objects while sorting the boys' toys with Lorie, the author of Clutterdiet, when I had an epiphany. I grabbed an empty pencil box and my labeler.

"From now on, if they're missing a game piece they need to play with, they can look for it here," I declared, smoothing the label over the front of the box.

Lorie smiled hugely and said something like, way to go. But I know in her Jedi-mind she was saying, "well done, my young padawan."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chrisy said...

Genius! Our spare game pieces (we have three boys with many of the same games your boys have) are in a ziploc baggie in a drawer. The same with all of those teeny-tiny Playmobile pieces. THOSE will be the end of my sanity some day.

March 26, 2009 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger Joy! said...

If you label it, they will come. :) One hopes.

March 26, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home